How to make these three types of natural soaps
These soaps will be much cheaper than soaps from the market, and you will know all its ingredients.
There is nothing easier than to buy soap in the supermarket. You can buy them at a low price although there are some special soaps which cost a hundred dollars we think they are overrated.
However, the fact is that if the soap has more natural ingredients and fewer chemicals, the price of the soap goes up, partly justified, and partly not.
In order not to spend too much money on natural soaps that are often overrated, here’s how you can make a great soap at home, with a minimal budget.
All you need is a little time and will, and in a short time, you will become a true soap making expert according to your recipes. What’s best in these soaps is that they will be much cheaper than market soaps and you will know what is really in them.
Your grandmothers have made soaps in their homes, so why not you too? Of course, your procedure will be somewhat shorter because you will not have to blend animal fat or extract vegetable extracts, but in the end, it all comes down to the same – use of glycerin, which you will buy in a pharmacy or other specialized store.
Natural glycerin soap- A simple and healthy alternative
Making soap at home is the perfect way to protect skin from unhealthy chemicals. Natural glycerin soap is a simple alternative to buying soaps for people with sensitive skin.
Here’s how you can create soap without artificial smells and harmful chemicals at home in just a few steps.
Natural glycerin soap
What you need for natural glycerin soap :
- 500 g of glycerin that easily dissolves
- Soap Molds
- Large microwave bowl
- A big wood or metal ladle
- Large toothed knife
- Spray bottle with alcohol
- Plastic refrigerator bags
Step by step – how to make glycerin soap
- Cut glycerol into small cubes.
- Place sliced glycerin in a microwave dish (measure two full cups of 2 dl). Warm up glycerin for 40 seconds at maximum temperature. Mix well and heat it for 10 seconds again and mix until it is melted.
- Immediately pour the dissolved glycerol into the prepared molds. Fill the shapes to the top.
- Wait for a minute for bubbles to reach the surface. Then sprinkle them with alcohol, which will help bubbles disappear, and make a gentle and firm soap.
- Wait for half an hour to cool the solvent and then remove it from the mold. If you have a problem with getting the soap out of the mold, put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Soaps you will not use immediately wrap in plastic bags and store them in a dark and dry place.
Soap with scrub
What you need to make soap with scrub:
- Fine sand or large salt
- Glycerin – easily soluble
- Soap molds
- Soap color (not necessary, but you can find it in health food stores, and you can also use natural spices – yellow saffron, green ground rosemary, brown cocoa, lavender …)
- Essential oils
- Sprayed alcohol
Step by step – how to make soap with scrub
- Place a sliced glycerin base (20 cubes) in the microwave oven in a bowl. Heat the glycerin for 40 seconds at maximum temperature. Stir it well the glycerol and heat it again for 10 seconds and mix until it is melted.
- Put between 3 and 5 drops of essential oil (as desired) in dissolved glycerol (the essential oil must be for skin application). Mix well. If you have soap color, also add three to five drops or until you get the desired color.
- Add sand or salt in the mixture and stir well.
- spray alcohol on empty molds to remove them easier from the mold later.
- Pour the soap mixture in the shapes and after a few minutes sprinkle the soap so that the bubbles accumulated on the surface disappear.
- Leave soaps for several hours to cool down and remove them from the mold. The best results will be obtained if you leave the soap rest several days before use.
Natural liquid soap
What you need to make natural liquid soap:
- 2 cups of soap flakes
- 1.8 liters of water
- 2 tablespoons of glycerin
- Heating tank
Step by step – how to make soap
- Place soap flakes in a large cooking pot (instead of the soap flakes that you can buy in the shop, you can make chips out of your favorite natural soap).
- Add the water and glycerin in the bowl with soap flakes and slowly warm up on low heat. Continue to mix until everything dissolves and a smooth mixture is obtained. The mixture mustn’t be burned.
- If you want the soap to be thinner, you can add more water.
- When the soap flakes completely melt, remove the bowl from the flame and let it cool.
- When your natural soap is cooled, you can put it in empty plastic bottles of milk or juices, from where you can pour it into liquid soap pumps.
The pure natural soap is recognized by its mild colors and odor. Such soaps last long, and if they are properly made, they can last for twenty years.
Namely, in the course of cooking, sodium hydroxide, which is the ingredient of soap, draws all smells and colors from the soap.
The base of the soap can be palm oil, olive oil or coconut oil, and all the other oils can be added (almond oil, sesame) and macerate oil (calendula, carrot, and butter from coconut, cocoa butter, shea butter)
There is a somewhat different situation if they are made from animal fat.
In the end, it should be said that natural soap can be bought on decagrams.
Packed into cellophane or a suitable bag, it can be a beautiful, useful and original gift.